LinkedIn is a great place to market your law firm to reach new potential clients. LinkedIn is a highly trusted site and when a profile is filled out completely not only will you be able to reach people using LinkedIn, your name may rank well in the search engines.
Here are 7 tips to use for improved LinkedIn visibility:
- Complete your profile– Fill out each section entirely. Make sure to use keywords and your name where appropriate. For example in the “Summary” section it would be wise to introduce yourself using your name and also list your main specializations. If you’re a Chicago personal injury attorney be sure to mention that in your summary. Do not assume someone looking at your profile will look at your current employer section.
- Edit website contact info – Instead of selecting website and filling in a URL, always choose “Other”. You are then allowed to insert text that is clickable. Enter your website url or law firm’s name in that section.
- Honors & Awards – Be sure to take full advantage of this section. It is a great spot to highlight your accolades and improve your social proof. If you’ve been nominated for “Super Lawyers”, been in the news or won any large cases, list them here.
- Recommendations – Write recommendations for your peers and clients you’ve done business with. You can also request that they write you a recommendation themselves. If you’ve already written one for them your chances greatly improve on them reciprocating.
- Create a company profile – If you are the owner of your law firm create a company profile. Your company logo will appear next to your employment area on your profile. It will also be searchable on its own and all of your employers can then choose it when selecting their employment. It will be on each of your employees profile for even further social reach through brand recognition. In order to create a company profile you must be using an @yourlawfirm.com email address.
- Start a law firm group – Start a group and invite your connections to join it. Post highlighted cases, local charity events, awards and your services. It’s a great place to interact and engage with potential clients.
- Join local groups – Join groups that are created for local events. Participate in the community and socially engage with other locals.
Encourage all of your employees to create their own LinkedIn profiles and join your company profile.
These simple tips will greatly improve your law firm’s visibility on LinkedIn and in the search engines.